Oh sweet memories… Way back when, my favourite breakfast was garnished with yellow or white onion and a pinch of garlic. I lived for those days. The recipe I’ll be sharing today won’t include garlic but some red onion that will bring out the freshness of the avocado.
Serves 2 to 4 people. Preparation time: 10 minutes / Cooking time: N/A
What you’ll need
- 2 ripe but firm avocados.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ of a red onion
- 1 tablespoon of peanut oil
- Open avocados in half lengthwise to remove the pit
- Carefully peel away the skin and cut into small pieces
- Put the pieces in a bowl and add lemon juice
- Finely chop the red onion and stir in with the avocado
- Add salt, pepper and mix
Serve with a sprinkle peanut oil.
Tips and twists
Uses for this recipe:
* As an appetizer with bread sticks
* As a starter, with toast (just add finely diced tomatoes, a tablespoon of wine vinegar, or simply a small teaspoon of cumin to titillate your taste buds, and serve them on individual ramekins)
* Obviously as part of a hearty breakfast.
Translation from french by Sally Vusi. HERE french version