Follow us as we go to Biyem-Assi, a popular neighborhood in Yaoundé, Cameroon’s political capital. Here with us today is Yves Roland Ndoung, a student working towards a Masters in Health and Environmental Communication at ASMAC (ESSTIC).
We found this amazing amateur photographer on Instagram about two years ago. He loves travel, nature and new technologies. Check his account out HERE.
Yves Roland’s top spots in Yaoundé:
- Les délices du gourmet. This restaurant is near the Bastos junction, about 50m on the opposite side of the Bastos pharmacy.
- Mask Bar in Bastos. It’s located 20m from the "laboratory meka” entrance. Any taxi driver will know exactly where to take you so rest easy. I come here when I’m looking for a cosmopolitan vibe. I love their cocktails and music.
- St-Tropez. This urban eatery has amazing cuisine at affordable prices. The manager is friendly and the service is good. It’s located in Bastos, 5m from the orange entrance.
- Le Carroussel. I come here for the typical Cameroonian cabaret ambience. They lots of local music. You’ll find this spot in descente Nkondengui in the Nkondengui neighbourhood.
- The Yao Ba. This restaurant has an excellent cabaret and I love their orchestra. The service is good and the atmosphere is great. The Yao ba is located in Nlongkak, a stone throw away from the Cameroonian WHO office entrance.
Enjoy your stay in Yaoundé!